Spend a very special day with Teepa Snow, MS, OTR/L, a leading expert in best-practice care for those with dementia.
1. Understand the six major factors that impact the behavior/abilities of someone with dementia.
2. Discriminate among various dementias with their prominent symptoms and progression patterns.
3. Compare lost and preserved skills in multiple areas as dementia progresses.
4. Demonstrate the use of positive interaction and assistance skills to promote optimal function. andreduce resistance and refusals during personal care activities (e.g. shaving, dressing, toileting).
5. Recognize the impact of various environmental factors on the behavior of someone with dementia.
6. Identify 10 unmet needs that create distress and anxiety for people with dementia (including pain).
7. Demonstrate selected mobility enhancement & assistance techniques.