This conference will provide updates and evaluation/treatment toolkits designed to facilitate interdisciplinary evidence-based best practices regarding dementia, Alzheimer’s, and end-of-life care. In addition caregivers will be better equipped to evaluate their surroundings and make changes to meet critical care needs of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
This conference is intended for physicians, nurses, pharmacists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, social workers, and nursing/assisted living administrators.
At the conclusion of this conference, the participant should be better able to:
- Identify the spectrum of Alzheimer’s research from basic science to clinical trials as well as social and behavioral investigations.
- Analyze the criteria, method and detection of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Describe methods for assessment and treatment of cognitive symptoms through the application of diagnostic methods.
- Explore development of caregiving tools, dementia education, and family dynamics facilitation strategies to assist the individual with dementia and their caregivers.
- Identify the continuum of home and community based services and options for long term care.
- Discuss the design and assessment of activity based programs to meet the social and emotional needs of individuals with Alzheimer’s.
- List on-line and web based programs and services for caregivers of individuals with Alzheimer’s.
- Identify best practices in geropalliative care.
Pricing Before 3/16/13
Healthcare Professionals: $115
Pricing After 3/16/12
Healthcare Professionals: $130
The registration fee includes the educational conference, handout materials, continental breakfast, lunch, and refreshment breaks. All registrations must be accompanied by full payment in order to secure your registration.
Registration deadline: March 19, 2013
Walk-in registrations will be accepted based on space availability. Conference materials/food will not be guaranteed for walk-in registrants.
Cancellations must be made in writing and sent to the Alzheimer’s Association Midlands Chapter. A refund of the registration fee, less $25 administrative fee, may be given if the request is received by Tuesday, March 19, 2013. No refunds will be issued after this date.
Complimentary parking is available in the front and rear of the conference location.
To Register by phone call 402.502.4301