September 1 - September 21
For 20 days in September, businesses, organizations, clubs and individuals throughout the Hudson Valley will be "going purple" to show support for the Alzheimer's Association, and to help raise awareness about Alzheimer's disease.
All of our Purple Partners will be recognized in a press release distributed to over 100 different media outlets, on the Alzheimer's Association's website, on our Facebook Page and in our e-newsletter.
Please consider going purple for Alzheimer's anytime between September 1-21. HOW you go purple is up to you- all we ask is that you have fun doing it!
Ways to go purple:
- Employees can wear purple clothes or ribbons
- Put purple flowers at your front desk or entryway
- Print paystubs in Purple.
- Or come up with your own fun way to go purple!
Some of our purple partners in the past have been:
- Foam & Wash Car Wash (purple foam)
- The Bagel Shoppe of Fishkill (purple bagels)
- The Mid-Hudson Bridge (lights in purple)
- Central Hudson Gas & Electric (paychecks were purple)
- McCabe & Mack (employees wore purple)
- My Brother Bobby's Salsa (made yellow salsa with purple onions)
- AM950 (had an Alzheimer's Association representative on the radio)
- Senator Steve Saland wore a purple tie while he was in session.
- Employees at Rhinebeck Bank corporate offices and branches wore purple.
- The Pines at Poughkeepsie served purple cookies to their residents.
Questions? Contact our office at 800-272-3900 or email your local Chapter Regional Administrator: