June is Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month. You and your organization are invited to participate in the Alzheimer’s Association’s Go Purple awareness campaign.
Alzheimer’s disease is the SIXTH leading cause of death and 1 in 3 seniors will die with the disease. Organizations, faith communities and social groups have a pivotal role in getting people connected to help and spreading hope for a future world without Alzheimer’s. Go Purple builds awareness of Alzheimer’s disease, the importance of early diagnosis, and Alzheimer’s Association’s services for family support.
Date: Month of June 2017
What: Raise awareness! Select one or more dates during the month of June to hold Go Purple activities.
To join in this awareness initiative, we ask that you:
- Select a representative who will lead the implementation of Go Purple at your community.
- Register NOW to receive your Go Purple packet, End Alz stickers and purple ribbons.
- Your Go Purple packet will give you all the tools you need to successfully implement and execute your own Go Purple activity.
By participating in this event, your community can be enhanced through:
- Opportunities to learn about support for families facing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Educational resources and linkages to support services.
- Volunteer opportunities available with the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Participating in The Longest Day or the Walk to End Alzheimer’s, the nation’s largest event to raise awareness and funds to support Alzheimer’s research and services.
Thank you for your participation! Together, we can make a difference!